- We will not have a Stated Meeting in August -
August 4th: Monday
Officers Call - 5:30 PM
FC Degree Training - 7 PM
August 17th: Sunday
Ice Cream Social 2 PM To 5 PM - (FREE To Our Greater Masonic Family)
August 18th: Monday
MM Degree Training - 7 PM
August 25th: Monday
GM Visitation Practice - 7 PM
- Please check our "Web Site" frequently for possible schedule updates -
SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 2014
Monday August 4: Officer Call - 5:30 PM
Monday August 4: Fellowcraft Workshop - 7 PM
Sunday August 17: Annual Ice Cream Social - 2 PM To 5 PM
(FREE to our greater Masonic Family)
Monday August 18: Master Mason Workshop - 7 PM
Monday August 25: GM Visitation Practice - 7 PM
NOTE SPECIAL DATE FOLLOWING:
Tuesday, September 2: Stated Meeting 7:30 PM, Dinner 6:30 PM
Official Visitation by MW Michael Manning, Grand Master of Arizona Freemasonry (And Lodge Brother), Special OES Bake Sale at Dinner.
> From Worshipful Master Gilbert A. Schlierer
Brethren, we may be dark for July and August but that does not mean Marion McDaniel Lodge is not active this summer. The first Basic Ritual Orientation Program date will be July 21st at 7 PM for Entered Apprentice Degree Training (open to all from EA to MM). Similar training for Fellowcraft will take place August 4, again at 7 PM. Our Annual Ice Cream Social will be held Sunday, August 17 from 2 till 5 PM. Preparations will also be underway for our September Stated Meeting at which we will welcome MW Grand Master Mike Manning for an Official Visit. As you can see there is plenty to do and more to come. Your participation is requested.
After the lodge dinner on Tuesday, September 2nd, Desert Star 54 OES will present an auction of delectable delights of all kinds, shapes and sizes. All proceeds going toward Rob Morris Assistance
From the Secretary, MM#56:
The Workshops noted on the schedule above will be conducted with Candidates and their Mentors sitting in the chairs and manning the positions to open and close a Lodge. Stations and places are first come, first assigned. While WB Henry Spomer PM conducts the workshop, the work will be performed under the watchful eyes of the Asst Grand Lecturer and two DDGMs. Ritual specific to that workshop will be used (Mentors, PLEASE bring your own Ritual books for your Candidate!).
Also, BR Pat Zech has started up a team of Brothers to assist our Brethren in fixing things, building ramps, etc., or general clean up around the home exterior. The Lodge recognizes that many hands make light work and some of us can use a hand now and again. Give the Secretary a call at 520-977-9678 if you would like some help. Do not let pride get in the way of Brotherly Love! If you canít ask a Brother, who can you ask?
Remember, YOU Are The Lodge Ė Bring It Back HOME!
Marion McDaniel 56 Educational Events -
- WB Henry Spomer -
A year or so ago Marion McDaniel hosted an Entered Apprentice education project whereby the lodges could bring their EA's (with their Mentor) over and by use of the open Ritual the EA's would do the opening, conferral and closing of the EA degree.
I have spoken to 5 or 6 of the EA's that participated and they all expressed their appreciation in having the opportunity of being involved in the event. They advised they better understood what was going on, realized the time that went into doing the work correctly, the enjoyment of being involved and they felt more comfortable in lodge meeting.
I also learned some things from it and have made changes to the next education event that I have scheduled. I have had communication with the DDGM's in our area and they agree to be involved.
A couple of things I learned are:
1. Keep candidate with his Mentor/Coach. The Mentor/Coach is thus responsible to ensure his candidate does what needs to be done. Only the Mentor/Coach and maybe the DDGM should interfere with, instruct or otherwise insure ritual is followed by the candidate. This ensures that candidates receive correct information.
2. The candidate should have some advance time to look over the part he desires to do.
3. Need qualified persons present to guide the floor work.
4. Keep to the Ritual so individual lodge differences do not become involved.
Here is how the educational training will be set up:
1. Anyone can participate in the training, with preference given to candidates of the degree being presented.
2. A list of positions (stations) will be sent out in advance of the training date and each person desiring to participate can put in for which position he wants to do. (1st applied gets the spot)
A. Candidate should put a 2nd and 3rd choice in case the 1st is filled.
B. I will place the candidate in the highest choice possible.
3. After the positions have been filled the list will be sent out so the candidate will know what part they have.
4. Each candidate is required to have a Mentor or Coach with him to oversee his work.
5. The Mentor or Coach should ensure the Candidate has a ritual to use.
6. The Mentor or Coach should ensure the Candidate has access only to that part of the Ritual he is thus qualified to see/use.
7. DDGM's will guide the floor work. As there are some variations in details we should stick to the basics or as directed by the DDGM's as they are the Ritual Authority for their District. As we have Lodge Ritual Directors who are very good in their work and if a DDGM desires a Lodge Ritual Director to participate I leave that decision to the DDGM's.
NOTE: What we do not want is incorrect directions, mass confusion and distractions. Lets' keep it basic for the candidate to learn correctly.
July 5, 2014 -- Let me know if you will participate.
July 14, 2014 -- Station requests must be received by me at my email address.
July 16, 2014 -- Station notification sent back out to candidates.
EA degree training: July 21, 2014; 7 PM Marion McDaniel Lodge 3959 E. Mabel St. Tucson,
FC degree training: August 4, 2014; 7 PM, station requests due July 28.
MM degree training: August 18, 2014; 7 PM, station requests due August 11.
Please let me know ASAP if you desire to participate and who you will bring. Email is best so we have a record. Also if you have suggestions please provide them for consideration.
Henry Spomer, PM #56
- Download our July 2014 Trestle Board in "PDF" format -